Friday, April 8, 2011

Television the Plug in Drug by Marie Winn

Winn. M (2011). Television the plug in drug. In S. Cohen (Ed.) , 50 Essays (pp. 438-447). Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's.

This was a very interesting article. When I was growing up, my mom, dad, brother, sister, and myself would eat at the table just about every night with no TV during dinner. I do agree with the article when it says”TV helps to avoid each other." But I also think the TV helps us to unwind after a long day and is a way to forget about the days troubles while you watch your evening/recorded show. Now everything the TV does, the internet can do. While some families do spend family time in front of the TV; it’s more like sister texting, brother looking on craigslist on his smart phone and mom and dad actually watching the show. The internet is slowly making its way into family time. Everyone has a choice to make. No one is forcing you to watch TV or to go onto the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment